VNA | Make a referral
Arranging VNA Care Is Easy
While it is truly a blessing to care for those we love, it’s also overwhelming.
If you or someone you love is struggling to accept this blessing, Covenant VNA can help. Our Intake Nurses are only a phone call away. They can discuss your options, answer questions, arrange services, and clarify insurance coverage. Our staff works in close contact with your physician and other providers to make sure you are getting the best and most complete care possible.
Thank you for considering the VNA for your home care needs.
Different Ways to Make a Referral Today
In just a few quick steps, your patient or loved one will quickly be on their way to receiving the care they need.
Phone 989.799.6020 or toll-free at 1.800.862.4968. Press 0 and ask to be connected to an Intake Nurse. You'll want to have the following information available when you call:
- Patient’s name and address: Our patients often are not staying at their primary residence when they use our services. If your loved one is staying with family or friends during a recovery period, we'll need both the address where they are staying, as well as their permanent address.
- Telephone number where we can reach the patient: Again, this may be different from their permanent phone number. If it is different, we will need both the phone number where they are staying, as well as their permanent phone number.
- List of patient conditions. This should include chronic conditions, as well as recent hospitalizations or surgeries.
- Insurance information. We accept a variety of insurances, including Medicare and Medicaid.
- Primary care physician and specialists. Depending upon the services required, we may need to call more than one of your loved one's physicians.
By Hospital Staff
If your loved one is at Covenant HealthCare, it's even easier to secure VNA services. Simply ask your physician, floor nurse, or discharge planner if they think you could benefit from home care. If they agree, they'll alert our Home Care Liaisons, who will come directly to the patient's room to discuss options and set up care. We also can deliver equipment such as walkers or wheelchairs to your room, saving you a stop on the way home.
If you are in a different hospital, ask your physician or discharge planner if home care is right for you and tell them you want VNA services. If the discharge planner or physician agrees, he or she will call our Intake Nurses to make arrangements.
If you are looking for more information about the VNA or have a question, compliment or concern about one of our services or programs, please call us at 1.800.VNA.4.YOU (862.4968).