The Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation Center combines professional and personable care with state-of-the-art technology. Our rehabilitation program meets the stringent standards of the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We help you on the road to independence through a comprehensive, team-based approach. Our staff includes:
- Nurses certified in stroke and brain injury recovery
- A neuropsychologist
- Case managers and social workers
- Rehabilitation specialists
- A psychiatrist
- Physical, speech, occupational and recreational therapists
Our rehabilitation specialists are available to evaluate and assess the needs of acute care patients, Advanced Bioness, LiteGait and treadmill training technology and the Neuro-Developmental Training (NDT) technique help our patients relearn and restore the use of their legs and arms.
Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, at our Michigan location, provides comfort and high quality of care for patients in:
- A 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit
- A 20-bed transitional care unit for patients who are medically stable, but not yet strong enough to care for themselves
- An outpatient rehabilitation center
For more information about stroke or a referral to a stroke specialist, program, or to Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, call 989-583-6685.