VNA | What we offer
VNA was the first home health care agency in Saginaw.
Today, we are one of the most technologically advanced home care agencies in the region.
Covenant Visiting Nurse Association (VNA) offers a diverse array of services -- everything from teaching you how to manage your newly diagnosed diabetes to offering high-tech TeleHealth, an interactive home monitoring system for disease management. And, best of all, our experienced and compassionate professionals can visit you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at your home.
Our staff takes care of everyone from newborns to people who have passed the century mark. Our core services include:
- Skilled nursing: Working in partnership with your physician, our registered nurse will act as case manager of the patient’s home care. The nurse will come to the house to evaluate the patient’s needs, develop a plan of care, and coordinate any additional therapy or personal care services if needed. Through regularly scheduled visits to the home, the nurse treats and educates patients and caregivers about self-care – which helps patients remain home and out of the hospital.
- Home health aides: This group can be accessed for in-home assistance with personal health care performed by a caring and conscientious home health aides. Meal preparation, personal care services like bathing and respite care are just some of the home services available. We also have an In-Home Lab Draw program, so patients can have their blood drawn in the comfort of their own home.
- Therapy: Physical, occupational, and speech therapy services are available for a variety of situations. Because our therapists see you in your home, therapy is tailored to your individual needs.
- Wound care: Our nurses can help you and your family members learn how to care for a complex wound. We'll teach you when and how your physician wants you to change dressings and we'll help you understand the signs of an infection or other complication.
- In-home infusion therapy: The Covenant VNA is the only accredited home care provider in the Saginaw area to offer complete infusion therapy services in the comfort of your own home. We can deliver a full spectrum of therapies including IV antibiotics, hydration, and nutrition. We are also one of the few to have licensed clinical pharmacists on staff. (bullet) Hospice care: Our services include care offered in private homes, nursing homes, and our own Cartwright Care Center. Cartwright provides a home-like atmosphere for patients to receive round-the-clock care.
- Home medical equipment: From canes to hospital beds, VNA Home Medical has it all. Available at two storefronts or delivered right to your home. We’re on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Equipment can be delivered right to the home by experts who will set it up and explain how to use it properly and safely.
- Lifeline: Nervous about having a health emergency when you’re home alone? Rest easier with the Visiting Nurse Lifeline. At the push of a button, Lifeline subscribers will reach a 24-hour call center where professional responders assess the situation, call a relative, neighbor, friend or emergency services, depending on what help is needed. Lifeline will remain on the line until help arrives.
- TeleHealth: VNA is also the first in the area to offer TeleHealth, an remote monitoring system to help you manage your health. The VNA places specialized equipment in the patient’s home which automatically transmits your health status to the VNA through your phone line. If the VNA nurse detects a problem, the patient and, possibly, your physician are notified. This not only decreases emergency visits, but also improves patient health results. There is no additional charge for this service.