If you are with a media organization looking to interview a medical expert, produce health-related media stories, or have questions about the latest news at Covenant HealthCare, we can help. We strive to provide the media easy access to up-to-date information about our services, facilities and events.
If you would like to arrange an interview or tour with staff or patients at Covenant HealthCare, please contact the Public Relations Specialists at:
Office Phone: 989.583.7655
Media Pager: 989.258.1121
Keep up with the latest news at Covenant HealthCare. Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, or visit our YouTube channel. You can also view current events at the medical center when you visit our news center and blog.
Interview one of our extraordinary medical experts.
If you are looking to interview a medical expert, Covenant HealthCare has hundreds to choose from in various medical specialties. Below is a list of the medical specialties that Covenant HealthCare has available to answer your questions. Please contact the Public Relations Specialist at 989.583.7655 to arrange an interview(s) with our experts.
- Allergy & Immunology
- Bariatric Surgery
- Child Birth Education/Lactation
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- General Surgery
- Hematology/Medical Oncology
- Infectious Diseases
- Internal Medicine
- Nephrology (kidneys)
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Occupational Medicine
- Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, larynx, upper respiratory tract)
- Pain Management
- Pediatric Cardiology
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Pediatric Neurology
- Pediatric Oral/Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Medicine (lungs)
- Robotic Surgery
- Radiation Oncology
- Reproductive Endocrinology & Infertility
- Rheumatology (joints, tendons)
- Sleep Disorders
- Vascular Surgery
- Wound Care
- And more
Our Media Policy
Covenant HealthCare welcomes media professionals to our campuses. However, we appreciate advanced notice in order to help us comply with patient privacy laws. Please contact the Public Relations Specialist to arrange patient interviews, obtain background information and/or interview our professionals prior to visiting our campus.
The following are guidelines for contacting Covenant HealthCare to arrange interviews, photo opportunities or videotape sessions;
- All interview requests with any member of Covenant HealthCare staff or patients must come through the Planning and Business Development Department. The Public Relations Specialist will respond to your request in a timely manner and help arrange any interviews and provide additional resources for your story.
- Reporters must provide the first and last name of the patient when requesting information on a patient condition. Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), the Public Relations Specialist can only provide reporters with a one-word condition update: good, fair, serious or critical. In order to protect our patients and staff, patient conditions on victims of crime will not be released.
- To protect the privacy of all Covenant HealthCare patients and families, a member of the Planning and Business Development Department must accompany all reporters, video crews and photographers on any Covenant HealthCare campus. Patients cannot be interviewed or photographed prior to signing a HIPAA consent form.
If you have a media inquiry or wish to receive more information about Covenant HealthCare please contact Kristin Knoll at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 989.583.7655.