Diabetes & Endocrinology
A healthier lifestyle begins with an extraordinary education.
Diabetes is a serious long-term medical condition. And while it can't be cured, the good news is that you have the power to manage more than 95 percent of it by understanding your diabetes, setting goals and planning how you'll achieve them. Our Covenant Diabetes Center provides you with the best resource for your diabetes care. Whether you have been newly diagnosed with diabetes or have had diabetes since childhood, we help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Covenant Diabetes Center will assist you with ways you can better take care of yourself by setting and meeting your diabetes lifestyle goals. We provide education for both pediatric and adults, so you have all the resources you need to stay healthy no matter what stage of life you’re in.
What makes our Covenant Diabetes Center extraordinary?
- Certified through the Michigan Department of Community Health (MDCH)
- Education classes available for children and adults
- Highly trained nurses and dietitians on staff who are Certified Diabetes Educators (CDE)
- Learn skills to help you better manage your current condition
- The Covenant Outpatient Diabetes Education Program is a Recognized Education Program through the American Association of Diabetes Educators (AADE)
If you are interested in our annual Diabetes Symposium on February 5, 2016, please see the Diabetes Symposium brochure. Presentations for the Diabetes Symposium can be found on the symposium's event page.
*If you receive Medicare benefits, or have other insurance benefits, you qualify for annual education in the Covenant Outpatient Diabetes Education Program.
To register for classes or to talk to one of our diabetes educators, please call 989-583-5190.